CEC Funding Opportunity: Sustainable Energy Entrepreneur Development (SEED) Initiative
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to select one contractor to develop and implement the Sustainable Energy Entrepreneur Development (SEED) Initiative. The SEED Initiative will support the early development of promising new energy concepts that can provide benefits to electric ratepayers in Pacific Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison, and San Diego Gas & Electric service territories.
The contractor selected from this RFP will be responsible for developing and managing the SEED Initiative in a manner that achieves the following goals and objectives:
- Establishes the technical merits and commercial potential of promising early-stage energy technology concepts that provide the greatest benefits to electric ratepayers in Pacific Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison, and San Diego Gas & Electric service territories.
- Attracts private sector interest and capital to clean energy innovations supported through the SEED Initiative.
- Encourages broad and diverse participation in the SEED Initiative from entrepreneurs and researchers throughout California.
- Ensures a fair, simplified, streamlined, and transparent process for identifying entrepreneurs and researchers to receive support from the SEED Initiative.
The SEED Initiative will support energy entrepreneurs and researchers at two levels:
- Series A: Series A will provide support to selected entrepreneurs and researchers to establish the technical feasibility of their promising energy technology concepts. Series A will include up to $150,000 in funding as well as technical consulting and guidance.
- Series B: Series B will provide entrepreneurs and researchers whose energy technology concepts show significant commercial promise with additional support, including up to $450,000 in follow-on funding, to further develop their innovations. Only energy concepts that receive Series A will be eligible for Series B.
Deadline for Written Questions: September 25, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to Submit Applications: December 15, 2015, by 3:00 p.m.
For more information please visit: http://www.energy.ca.gov/contracts/epic.html#RFP-15-305