SMUD - Low Lighting Power & High Financial Returns through Retrofitting
For lighting retrofit projects, and potential EPACT tax deductions the following questions are important: What is a low power density in a typical office, including ambient and task lighting? How many horizontal footcandles should there be a on a typical office desk from just ambient? Stan Walerczyk will answer these questions while also discussing:
• high Kelvin temperature and high performance T8s
• high performance instant and program-start ballasts
• one and two-lamp 2x4 kits and fixtures
• one-lamp-per-cross-section suspended indirect/direct fixtures and LED task lights
• and how payback compares with other financial tools
The second portion of the workshop will be covered by Mark Jewell as he discusses several approaches to calculating a project’s financial costs versus returns, as well as the pros and cons of using various financial metrics when requesting capital to fund the lighting retrofit project. By the end of the day, participants will know how to model expected cash outflows and inflows over time, how to calculate a project`s present value and other financial metrics, and how to generate compelling capital budgeting requests for the work at hand.