ET Open Forum
The Open Forum gives an opportunity for energy efficient technology innovators to pitch their products in front of utility, university, California Energy Commission and California Public Utilities Commission staff directly involved with the Emerging Technologies Program.
The ET Open Forum, held on December 10th, 2012 in Downey, CA, closed the year for ETCC with a huge success - showcasing advanced energy efficient technologies and ideas and providing a setting for informal discussion among utilities, regulators, and innovation partners dedicated to increasing end-use energy savings in California and beyond.
The semi-annual event welcomed entrepreneurs, researchers, technologist, and other professionals who bring high efficient technologies to market in California. Participation included 9 on-site and 6 webinar presenters. The Forum sessions allowed presenters to showcase their emerging technologies in 15-minute presentations followed with some Q&A.
Main speaker presentations included:
· Aline Dew, Southern California Gas Company
A balanced blend of 15 gas and electric concepts were presented and are being evaluated for assessment by the statewide ET team. Technology presentations included:
· Digital Lumens - Intelligent Lighting System
· National Resource Management, Inc. - CO2 Refrigeration Sys.
· National Hot Water - Thermo Recovery Filter
· Green Heat Corp.- Kitchen Heat Recovery
· US AC Distributors - Advanced Thermostats
· L&H Airco - Small Commercial Bldg. Energy Retrofit
· Tecogen - Innovations in Clean Emissions for CHP Engine Technology
· Kure Energy - Efficient Fan Controller
· Beutler Corporation - AquaChill & AquaChill Remote
· Advanced Lighting Technologies- 2X Incandescent
· Dawson Company - Re-circ Pump
· Eco-Induction Lighting - Retrofit Induction Lighting
· Dynamic Air Quality Solutions - Dynamic V8 Air Cleaning Sys.
· SiteOn - Platform for IDSM ADR in Multi-tenant Single Landlord Buildings
· REGEN Energy Inc. - Swarm Energy Management
Closing remarks were provided by Steven Ly of Southern California Gas Company.
The next event will be hosted by Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) in Q2 2013. More information will be available soon and posted here on the etcc-ca.com web site.
The ET Open Forum is a collaboration of Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Diego Gas and Electric, and Southern California Gas Company.